Unit, Chapter, and Lodge Resources
The National Order of the Arrow Committee is committed to supporting the local endeavors of units, chapters, and lodges. The following resources are available to help achieve excellent programs and Journey to Excellence designation:
- Adviser Minutes – Insights from Around the Nation: Advisers often give a short “food for thought” message at the end of meetings. These adviser minutes can be inspirational, thought-provoking, or informative. Advisers around the country submitted these minutes that they’ve used, and they hope you can benefit from them, too.
- Best Practices – Your Ideas from Around the Nation: These ideas were submitted by Arrowmen across the country who have benefited from both years of experience and trial and error. By sharing these resources, these Arrowmen hope to share the wisdom they have gained over the ages. The National Order of the Arrow Committee hopes other lodges can benefit from this repository of ideas that have proven successful for lodges in the past.
- Update to the Troop/Team Representative Program: Units, chapters, and lodges can effectively use the Troop/Team Representative program to encourage communication and participation among members. This announcement details new Troop/Team Representative duties and a focus on service.
- Boy Scout Summer Camp – Troop Promotion Kit: The promotional tools enclosed in this kit are designed to assist you in planning your troop’s attendance at Boy Scout summer camp. Be sure to use the additional resources provided by your council camping committee. These Scouters stand ready to assist you in promoting Boy Scout summer camp in your troop.
- Lodge Program Resource DVD: This DVD, previously mailed to each lodge, contains OA calendars, the new OA Finance Manual, the annual OA Lodge Resource Book, applications to high adventure camps, OA Videos and additional resources that you will surely find interesting.
- OA Camp Coordinator: The OA Camp Coordinator, or OACC, is an Arrowman who cheerfully serves both the camp and the lodge during the summer. Responsible for the various lodge programs at camp, the OACC is the “go-to” person for all Order of the Arrow related questions.
- Power of One Toolkit: Although NOAC2009 is over, the theme and the concepts behind it have only just begun. Use this toolkit in to assist with local programming initiatives that reinforce THEPOWEROFONE.
- Quality Chapter Meeting Ideas: Twenty-two segments are available for lodges and chapters to create the best possible chapter meetings. These resources are provided as guides to support the chapter initiatives in a lodge.